Marketing Coordinator—Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation (SCCF)
SCCF is seeking an upbeat, proven, self-starter Marketing Coordinator to work with the Communications Director to raise public awareness of our brand/mission, educational programs, and fundraising events.
- Write, produce, and publish promotional social media, website, blog, magazine, and e-newsletter content
- Coordinate social media strategy, including content creation and curation
- Promote and help organize SCCF, Sanibel Sea School, and Coastal Watch educational programs, community outreach, and fundraising events
- Increase brand awareness, create ads, and manage new merchandise campaign
- Set up Zoom virtual events and manage registration on Eventbrite
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed, including media requests and working with freelance graphic designer on brand consistency
- 3-5 years of communications experience – with a multi-platform portfolio of projects
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or PR preferred
- Proven excellence in developing social media strategies, writing press releases, and creating search-engine-optimized digital content
- Capable of collaborating with several teams at once, and experience in managing multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, website content management, email marketing, and social media networks
- Ideal candidate will be skilled at Photoshop, video editing, user interface/experience, and graphic design
Who We Hope Will Join Our Team:
The SCCF Marketing Coordinator will be very adept at social media and other digital platforms and will be a very organized and motivated self-starter. They will thrive in a team environment, being willing to pitch in when an extra hand is needed. They will have knowledge of eco-friendly lifestyles and will enjoy working in a role that promotes the conservation of our coastal ecosystems.
Who We Are:
SCCF is a 501(c)(3) environmental non-profit organization headquartered on Sanibel Island, Florida. In its rich 54-year history, SCCF has won numerous awards and is recognized with a 4-Star Charity Navigator rating. The talented staff of 36 works in concert with the guidance offered by SCCF’s dedicated Board of Trustees and is supported by a large group of members, donors, and volunteers. SCCF is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Use the following link to submit résumé and cover letter:
Native Landscapes & Garden Center Internship
The Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation (SCCF) Native Landscapes & Garden Center seeks an energetic and hardworking intern to assist in day-to-day garden and nursery operations and work with our landscape installation and maintenance services. The Native Landscapes & Garden Center offers a unique working environment, as it is a non-profit retail nursery dedicated to landscaping for the improvement of native habitat and wildlife on and around Sanibel and Captiva Islands.
Internship responsibilities will include all aspects of retail nursery operation and plant care, including watering, potting, pruning, weeding, plant propagation, landscape installation, and customer service. In addition, interns will work closely with our horticulturalist to assist in the upkeep of 2 acres of demonstration gardens surrounding the Garden Center. The internship offers the opportunity to obtain in-depth knowledge about South Florida native plants and gain firsthand experience in all aspects of an environmentally friendly garden, nursery, and landscaping business.
Applicants should have a strong interest in plants and conservation, preferably possessing a Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, biology, environmental science, ecology, or a related field. The intern should also be able to lift 50 pounds and be prepared to work outdoors in subtropical conditions, including hot temperatures, humidity, and insects. Candidates must also possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
Please send a cover letter indicating your interest, resume, and references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applicants are required to have their COVID vaccination and booster as well as follow any CDC guidelines in regards to any further vaccinations/boosters.
Duration: 6 months
Deadline: Open until filled