SCCF is excited to launch its new app for reporting in-water sightings of healthy sea turtles. The data collected from this citizen science project will help researchers identify high-use areas, learn more about seasonal habitat shifts, and better understand when and where people are encountering sea turtles.
If you need to report any other issues with sea turtles please contact:
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission @ 888-404-3922
SCCF Sea Turtle Sighting App is a survey that is runs within the ESRI ArcGIS Survey123 App.
On your phone:
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE SURVEY123 APP
Once downloaded install the app as usual. The app will need permission to access your phone’s location in order to receive GPS coordinates of your sighting and camera/media to capture and attach pictures.
To load the survey, follow these steps.
- Open the Survey123 App
- Click “Continue without signing in”
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE SURVEY or scan the QR code
- (note Survey123 must be open and you must have clicked “Continue without signing in” for the download to work)
- The survey will download and open.
- To submit a sighting simply fill out the required fields and click the checkmark in the lower right corner.
- To cancel the survey/sighting, click the X in the upper left corner.
(Note if you do not have cellular coverage you can still fill out the survey and save it in the Outbox to be sent at a later time.)